Alice Springs to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Alice Springs to Perth


Uluru 1Uluru 1Uluru 1

from the air - our first glimpse
This time it was a 7:00am start, as we needed to get to the airport. So that was the time we had to get up to get packed, get breakfast and get to the airport in time to book in. We got a taxi back to the airfield in the middle of nowhere, and got sorted with the luggage. There was free wifi at the airport, but we didn't have too long before the flight, so we only managed a few quick email checks and a small blog.

Then, onto the plane - which bizarrely had the same crew on as we'd flown in with 3 days earlier. They recognised us. The plane was only half full, so we were able to move around a bit and take photos out of most windows. 15 minutes after take off we were passing Uluru for the last time - and even at 31,000 feet it was quite distinctive. We also passed a number of salt lakes and endless red sand.

Eventually, after a long long time the countryside changed to a slightly greener hue, and we were getting near to Perth.

We landed and got our luggage, and picked up the car, then headed to the apartment we had booked ourselves. We had a slight panic on the aircraft when we thought the only address we had for it was saved on internet only accessible email, but eventually found it written down. So we drove to the apartment to find a note on it saying could we call the lady as we'd been upgraded. After more than a few adventures it turned out to be an apartment in the city in two separate rooms with no facilities other than tea making, and an underground carpark that was apparently based on the plans of a small shoebox. Not really at all what we had in mind. We'd chosen the apartment to be close to Anne (Cath's cousin) and a place where we could chill out, eat normal meals like cereals and do some washing. It was a bit of a blow to say the least. We couldn't face it and left to find somewhere else.

Luckily we managed to get in contact with Anne who said we could stay with her. After saying hello, and expressing our relief, we went for a ride out to the university where Anne teaches
Our camp I thinkOur camp I thinkOur camp I think

Well somewhere in there
veterinary students. We walked around their fields of stock animals which the students practice on, and looked in at some of the treatment areas. Then after some tea, it was time to catch up on some of the sleep we'd managed to lose other the past few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

KirraKirra
Kirra

Anne's dog
Horse padded cellHorse padded cell
Horse padded cell

where they anaesthetise horses before taking them through to the operating theatre next door on a big hoist thing.


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb