day 46 12.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
September 15th 2008
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post



After breakfast left the dogs in the van and went for a drive to the Pinnacles. It was another rainy, overcast, windy day and so cold about 18 degrees. A drive of about 25 mins. Spent a good 2 hrs there , They were amazing sight to see , one of natures beauties , the shapes and sizes and when you looked up close you could see fossils in the rock formations of thousands of years old fossils and bones.
It was a very peaceful place, where you walked in silence and in ore of the natural beauty of this great land of ours. In some area’s the beginning of peaks could be seen, were the sand over time had been blown away, making you wonder how long before it was totally sticking up out of the ground, some had cracks from one side to the other waiting for the day that it would all be too much and it would break in half.
To be in a desert but to have the ocean as a back drop is just beautiful to see.
You could drive around the pinnacles and stop your car in area’s and get out and walk around and explore up close, we were told when we entered that we were not allowed to sit on them, which after seeing them you could understand why, If anyone was this way they really should make the effort to see them, We enjoyed the morning so much, and it gave us more appreciation of this country and what it has to offer.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb