day 45 11.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Jurian Bay
September 12th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After packing up and leaving the Anchorage caravan park we filled up with more fuel and drove the town, this place seams to be good to stay for a few days but we couldn’t due to accommodation problems so it was off again to Geraldton. Got there just on 12am and went to the tourist information centre, the only place Marg wanted to see here was the lobster factory which was closed due to out of season. Geraldton is a big place so Warwick was not fussed or not to stay but Marg wanted to move on so after getting some food supplies and fuel was decided to go to Jurien Bay and stay there for a few nights.

So before we left Geraldton we rang ahead and booked at Jurien Bay Tourist Park (top tourist) for 2 nights. About 20 k’s out of Geraldton we suddenly got some of that wet stuff falling from the sky and Warwick said to Marg “ what’s that” and the answer was rain, how do we turn on the wipers ?? We have not seen rain since leaving home in late July. We arrived around 4.30 and the site that the manageress put us on was a powered tent site this will be interesting to park the van on a small site(5m x 5M). After manoeuvre for about 5 mins we got it on site with the front out slightly but all good.

The dogs are happy here as there is green grass for them to p*ss on. The country side is looking real nice with green sloping hills with is better than the red dirt that we have been used to since leaving n.s.w.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb