Winding down in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 30th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Remember the dilema of only dead 'roos'. No wonder we were having trouble spotting a 'live' one. We were looking on the highways and the 'roos' were hanging out at the 19th hole of the golf course. No, actually the whole golf course. We went golfing in Busselton, the Margaret River area and there were dozens of kangaroos on the course. They weren't hopping over to greet us and ask us what took so long to find them but they were not hopping off either. We could definitely walk up to them to look for a golf ball and they didn't care alot. Some were very large and others smaller. Didnt see any Joey's poking out to greet us.

We spent a night with Neville and Heather in Mandurah, just south of Perth by about 75 km. Remember, Heather and Neville are the sister of Glyns have our last home exchange in Perth and she and Neville will be coming to our place in the summer of 2009. They have a beautiful new house right on the ocean in Mandurah. Because we had not had the usual emails back and forth with Heather we were all a little hesitant walking up to the front door but as soon as the door opened we were greeted like long lost friends. Had a visit with them and then all headed to maybe, the most beautiful city waterfront in Australia!! Mandurah is a city on the ocean but also full of canals and an estuary. The canals are so you can keep your massive boat docked out in front of your massive mansion for easy access. Had fish and chips at the dock and then just as we were walking back to our cars, the lights in the parking lot and a lot of the city went out for 'Earth Hour'. Did BC participate. Saw great pix in the paper of the Sydney bridge and skyline before and after 8PM last Saturday night. I heard also that we saved 8% of something by turning out the lights for 1 hours. I bet any saving helps the earth.

Drove back up to Perth, not too far from the airport to get ready for our 6AM flight the next morning to Tasmania.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb