G'day Perth Mate!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 25th 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after an early start (7am up and out) we managed to negotiate our way to the airport. After checking in we had a wonder around and discovered free feet massage machines - woo hoo!
Feeling all relaxed we borded our Quantas flight (the best flight I have ever had - interactive TV and everything!) and arrived in Perth at about 5pm.
We checked into our hostel and had a wonder around, everything felt very wierd at first because it was a sunday and there were hardly any people around! Plus as we were not used to Hostel Life people seemed unfriendly at first - there were plenty of people in the common room but no one was speaking!
We are in a 6 bunk room, Di was allocted the top bunk and I grabbed the bottom.
We found a bar in the centre called Bobby Dazzlers and decided to have a pint and a bite to eat. We noticed 2 guys who we saw in Singapore airport and also that were on our plane were sitting at the next table so we made friends and had a little chat. Their names were Luke and Tom, only young (about 20 / 21 years old) and had just spent the last 5 weeks in Thailand and had loved it - which made me feel a lot better!
After 2 pints we decided to wander back to the hostel to try and do some planning (our original idea was to try and do that on the plane over but the interactive TV menu won!) and then get an early night for tomorrow.
When we got back I found someone had nicked my bottom bed! But she was a chinese girl who was on her own and didn't speak much English, she was really shy but friendly so I took the other spare top bunk instead - bloody difficult to climb on top of when there are no ladders! Just have to watch I don't roll too far over in bed!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb