Another day in Perth, this time Botanical Gardens


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
October 5th 2007
Published: October 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear friends and family, Friday...already. David took the day off.

Every day is a new adventure and today we walked part of their city park, an amazing 3 mile long park where you see no plants or flowers that do not remotely resemble any of the western world, as we know it. We took lots of pictures and now share some of them them with you.

Dave and Win rode bikes to the park and Lin, Lyuba, Sarah and Maddy drove to this glorious, rambling part of Perth replete with lovely views of the city, harbor, Swan River, Japanese gardens and various memorials incuding one to Jewish soldiers who died in World War I campaigns of "Gallipoli, Ardennes and Palestine" along with thousands of other Australians. We cannot recall the names and descriptions of the diverse birds, plants, trees and small wildlife..including wild orchids...The park is open 24 hrs per day and, because there is virtually no violence here, folks walk the park at all hours. Not a bad way to live.

After the park, we went to a superb Indian restaurant for dosa, the two foot long Indian bread...and other goodies. A bit too much in the hot sun and thus this afternoon Lyuba (who is 90% recovered form her virus) and I are basking at home in the sun while the rest of the brood is off swimming. As I said, "Not a bad way of life".

Much love to all,

Lyuba and Win


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Botanical Gardens Botanical Gardens
Botanical Gardens

Playing with the kids, a Joy!
Botanical Gardens Botanical Gardens
Botanical Gardens

Kissing Parrots
Botanical garden Botanical garden
Botanical garden

Kangaroo Claws Flower


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb