Umm...holidays continue - June 24-July 6, 2007


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
July 17th 2007
Published: July 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I haven't updated in a while so I'll continue with my stories. Not much to report from this time period, so these are some of the highlights from June 24-July 6:

Garden City
On Sunday, June 24 Gloria and I went to Garden City, a shopping mall about 15 minutes by bus from our house. They were having some sort of sale-xtravaganza and the place was PACKED!! In the end we purchased a rather random assortment of items including a bookcase, frying pan, photo album refill pages, and some pj's. The challenge was then to lug all this stuff from the bus stop and up a rather steep hill...

Aussie Skate Demos
On Wednesday the 27th and Sunday the 1st (Canada Day!) my skating team did some demos for the "Aussie Skate" kids (Australian learn to skate programme). We didn't have the best skates but the little ones were impressed anyways. I mean, we could skate BACKWARDS!! That was enough to impress.

House Dinner!!
On Friday, July 6th, we decided to have a house dinner! Gloria, May, and I all picked some recipes and cooked up some delicious dishes for us all to enjoy. Gloria made some tuna pasta and pork. May made some chinese fried rice. And I made some roasted veggies as well as a delcious chocoloate-peppermint desert (it was an adventure to make, let me tell you).

In the morning, May and I went to Fremantle to get some fresh food from the weekend market. We also picked up some fresh flowers to put on our (new - just brought in from the landlord!) table.

We ended the evening by watching the classic movie "Clueless" which confused poor May with its bizarre slang. But she followed along anyways.

We were eating delicious leftovers for a while after the event. Go not having to cook!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb