Down Under! WA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
January 26th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

EsperanceEsperanceEsperance

Esperance is on the Southern coast of Western Australia and is on the Southern Ocean: quite cool weather...
On January 26, I arrived in Perth - on Australia Day !!! Part of the city was closed to traffic and lots of people were walking around carrying (or wearing) the Aussie flag on their shoulders or cheeks. Concerts in the park.... very nice... sounds like Geneva during the "Fetes de Geneve" but warmer, bigger ... and different:-)) Altough I had spent over 1 month in South East Asia, I was hit by jet lag and the heat! Dry heat... it felt like a hairdryer blowing around town!!

Being back in Australia was great! I met up with my friend Tracey, whom I had not seen in a very long time. Some things don't change: it was like we saw each other yesterday! We hung out, girl talked and she cooked some wonderful home-made meals...

Bunbury was the next stop. It s a town located about 180kms south of Perth, and the main attraction is 'to swim with dolphins'. There are wild dolphins living in the bay and they come to the Volunteer center, freely and as they wish, to 'visit the humans':-) people stand in the water in line, and the dolphins come around, swim in front of
Aussie HighwayAussie HighwayAussie Highway

I drove nearly 2000kms and that was long... and boring! Here is a typical view...
us (as close as 30cms!) and leave.. and come back later. It was such an experience!!! Incredible!!! They are beautiful creatures! so graceful... warm.... We cannot touch them: they are wild dolphins.

Driving from Bunbury to Esperance (approx. 1000kms) was an adventure in itself: on the left side of the road for one, making sure to tank up whenever available (how many tourists have been caught with empty tanks in the middle of nowhere) and driving along the highway... in the bush.... one long road surrounded by either trees or bush (dry 'arbustres'). Esperance is on the south coast of WA on the Southern Ocean. Small town surrounded by the most beautiful beaches in the world!! no kidding!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Le Grand National ParkLe Grand National Park
Le Grand National Park

Lucky Bay... the MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH IN THE WORLD... according to me:-)


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb