Dubai to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Earlyish start for flight from Dubai to Perth. Two and a half hoursto check in for a flight should be enough, and indeed it is. But only just. With one of the rounds of the Rugby World Sevens Series having taken place while we were in Dubai, the airport was awash with world class players and fans heading home after the weekend. Shared a check-in queue with the Drifters, who now play the Sevens circuit based out of Fiji after many years success on the R&B/Soul circuit.
Flight was fine. Day flying is good. Got another topclass digital wrist watch with the childrens meal -now have a matching pair. Emirates do have a great Video on Demand system - hundreds of films to watch, all with personal screens and controls - well worth the price of the tickets alone, never mind the actual travelling that is done.

Arrived in Perth at about 01:30 on 4th December. Get baggage, through passport control, through customs (had to ditch the contraband apple we were traffiking as the security was just too hot) and off to pick up the hire car. Emma Trainee finally turned up at the counter to start up the computer at 02:00, and only half an hour later we were on the road. Australian child seats have a different set of attachments to the UK - they have an extra six feet of strapping with a fitting to attach to a dogs' collar at the end. Given the hour, and the lack of light, and a slightly tired and fractious Eden, we opted to strapping the bloody thing in any way we could, and just getting on the road.

So we did. We headed for Perth town centre, in desperate need of a 24 hr service station as we were running without nappies !! Found one, bought some, headed for the rooms for the night. Rooms at the Aldernay appts were fine. Three hundred yards from the WACA (Test cricket ground) they were well situated and did all that you would want an apartment to do. And the Air-con pumped out cold air that stank of piss. Luckily Perth was not that hot that we needed the aircon.
Sleep from 03:30 to 09:00, so lets go out and explore the town. If you have been to Perth then you will know that it is a great city -clean, well spaced out, fully kitted out with all the facilities that a city should have (except a tube system), and a very pleasant place to be. We spent the day wandering around the city and the evening having a lovely meal in one of the numerous bistro's around. A good day !!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb