In Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
December 2nd 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Things to do in DubaiThings to do in DubaiThings to do in Dubai

When it is raining really hard, go find indoor entertainment.
Everyone can tell you that in the winter months Dubai has a perfect climate. Average temperature is about 25 degrees, and with only five wet days per year the conditions are perfect for wandering along some of the beautiful beaches, around the old town and especially down by the creek. For info (should you be planning a trip to Dubai) December 2nd is one of the 5 wet days. It rains all day. And into the night too. Roads flood (you can't really justify drainage when rain is so rare), taxis become rarer than dodo doodoo and no-one knows where to go (except the shopping mall).
Luckily we started the day in good cheer- a mammoth 14 hour sleepathon from the babe meant that we were all refreshed and good tempered, despite the weaher. So, what to do this rainy day in Dubai ?
We opted for Childrens City, an indoor multi-themed entertainment area for children of all ages. We rock up and pay our $3 entry and head for the fun. We managed to spin it out for about four hours because it was chucking it down outside and we had nowhere else to go (sounds pathetic doesn't it, but the best laid plans....). Had the weather been better we would have stuck it for 45 minutes tops (plus food).
So back to the apartment. Then off to the Meridien Hotel on the basis that it is really posh, and so we should be able to use its facilities.Sadly all the facilities are outside and unusable in the wet, so we opt for the cocktail bar instead. Two Long Island Ice Teas later, taking Eden for her first Tex Mex meal seems like a great idea. So we do it. she loves it. All is good with the world again. And then back to apartment. Not the best way to see Dubai - but we can claim extenuating circumstances. Next stop Perth. Will check weather first thing.....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb