Photos - Part 2 (more) - Fishing, cruising, cycling and caving in Yangshuo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 8th 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So as relaxing as Yangshuo was, we sure did cram alot in!!! Here are the photos from Cormorant fishing, cycling, cruising and caving!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Riding along on my push bike honey!Riding along on my push bike honey!
Riding along on my push bike honey!

So I might be smiling in the picture...but that day was HELL!!!! You know, for a race of people that have SOOO many bicycles, you'd think they'd know how to make them well!!
Sarah & Kate i their princess tiarasSarah & Kate i their princess tiaras
Sarah & Kate i their princess tiaras

At some stage along our cycle, we passed some other people with these pretty little flower wreaths on, at which point I did turn a little "princessish" and demaned that if I was to endure the blastard bike's that I would do it with a tiara on my head!
Hey you there, monkey boyHey you there, monkey boy
Hey you there, monkey boy

John & Jen waving to the peasants! haha. Note the bikes on the back of the rafts...now i'm sure we got on with the idea that we would "sail down river" instead of cycling, but in actuality i'm convinced we sailed upriver, and then down, barely passing our starting point. Ah well!
The happy coupleThe happy couple
The happy couple

Mike & Dean on their raft
Red DragonflyRed Dragonfly
Red Dragonfly

Way cool!
Moon RockMoon Rock
Moon Rock

The view from where we stopped for lunch.
Heading in to the CavesHeading in to the Caves
Heading in to the Caves

This was supposed to be a "cool, relaxing" break from cycling with "waterfalls, mudbaths and crystal pools" HA. Not quite how it turned out!
Cave entryCave entry
Cave entry

See how low that entry is? Yes that IS the way we went in, talk about SQUUUEZY!
Cave entryCave entry
Cave entry

Get down low and go go go!!! And yep, our helmest did scape along the ceiling!
Jellyfish rockJellyfish rock
Jellyfish rock

Cool huh? (Was one of the few non fallic rocks the guide pointed out to is!!!)
Dean, Jen & JohnDean, Jen & John
Dean, Jen & John

Crossing over one of the streams (that was the day Dean began cursing not listening to his wife's suggestions to buy new sneakers before we went away!)
Cycling, er tractoring homeCycling, er tractoring home
Cycling, er tractoring home

And we are entirley proud to say that we were the first tour group EVER to demand alternate transport home! Here's our tractor loaded up with our bikes (money WELL spent!).
Cormorant FishingCormorant Fishing
Cormorant Fishing

The birds swim along catching fish, then jump on the fisherman's stick and puke up the fish (ah I have such a way with words!)


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb