The Working Holiday Visa: The Holy Grail for Every Backpacker Visiting Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Scarborough
July 12th 2015
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The Working Holiday Visa is the key to traveling to Australia. Once granted your visa you can focus on preparing your Australian trip.

Here our goal is to make your life easier by providing more information to get this famous Visa granted by the Australian authorities.



First, to obtain this visa, you must meet certain conditions:

- Be between 18 and 30 years (from the day of your birthday 18th until the eve of your 31 years)

- Of course, you are going to need a valid passport.

- Being covered by a valid private health insurance! This condition is subject to control by the border customs agents these days. However, it is something that they rarely check. According to our experience, we suggest you to take a solid insurance cover as it will make things easier should you run into problems!

- You must have at least $3000 on a bank account to meet your needs upon your arrival on the Australian soil. Here again, they almost never check!



Here are therefore the four conditions for obtaining the WHV.

The Working Holiday Visa Australie application must be lodged outside the Australian territory.

Do you meet all the requirements?



We are going to guide you through the necessary steps for the request of your WHV online.

You must complete the form found online on the Australian Government Website .

You will have to provide the usual information such as: full name, passport number and pay the sum of AU$ 270 (approximately €219 if you are from Europe) by credit card that. This final step will officially validate your visa request.



Do not worry about that "no worries mate" as our dear Australian friends like to say.



Regarding the date of entry into the Australian territory,

This request is merely "informal" and you are therefore not required to have already your plane tickets in your possession to make this request!



They usually also ask about the type of job you want to perform once living in Australia.



Your level of study will also be requested in this online application. This step can be a bit tricky for Europeans as study levels, and grades are quite different from the Australian ones!



In the "Authorization" section of the application, it is necessary to be vigilant and not to give any authorization to anyone else by answering "no." We recommend you tick the answer no to this request as to avoid that the immigration office emails be sent to someone other than you).



Once your application is completed, the immigration department will assign you a number called TRN (Transaction Reference Number). It is the reference number that will allow you to follow the evolution of your application online! Needless to say that this number must be kept by all means necessary.



Once this application has been finalised, you will receive an email from the immigration department confirming the receipt of your request. Your TRN will allow you to follow the evolution of your file online if the second Email is delayed (this happens sometimes).



Once the Application approved, you will receive a VISA GRANT NUMBER. You will now have your precious piece of paper in hands. From there, you will have a year to enter the Australian territory!



Note, you do not need a printer, the visa is electronic. Presenting your Passport to the border authorities will identify you on their computer system!









Enjoy your trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb