It's a Breeze


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Hills
November 24th 2013
Published: November 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Yep it's because suddenly the distances have narrowed down and the towns are full of food and water so we are buying up BIIG.

Tim Tams, fresh bread, fresh vegies and fruit. Joghurt, milk, amazing goodies!



Reached Geraldon via Kalbarri and a few bush camping spots.

Windsurfers are out in full force which made me pretty titchi to say the least 'cause where is my board ????



Highlights? Probably a night spent under the stars, so quiet, just us and a few falling stars (meteorites) which made me wish.......

Another highlight sunset at Kalbarri Gorge. The flies just about retired and it got a bit cooler.

Biggest highlight... We took Kalimera van into Cape Peron NP. Sand track out to the tip. Let the tyres down and camped near the beaches with red red rock behind. Beautiful.

Near Kalbarri we also visited Hutt River Province. A place to find on the web because far too much to explain but...amazing.



Geraldton was just another city. Biggest city we have been in for a while. Nice enough but hey I'd rather be out bush so near Cervantes we did just that. The wind was howling again but we watched the full moon rise on the eastern side and the sun set in the west. Pretty special.

We looked at the Pinnacles and are heading at a snail's pace south. No rush 'cause still lots of cute beaches to see and a few baby waves.



New Norcia a Benedict monastery was an amazing surprise in the middle of wheat fields. 9 monks are left and a town build in the 1800's. Some beautiful features and a great beer the monks brew which made me tipsy after 2 sips.



We will be in Perth on Monday where I am going to do a Barister course and we have a few appointments and maybe check out the Zen centre in Fremantle.

But hey that's still in the future, right now right here the kayak is blown up and we might have a paddle at sunset on the Moore River, referred to as the most significant eco-system in the south west.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



24th November 2013
tiny surf but I am in and having fun

Hello
Hi Barbara you look so young & healthy. And look at the colour of that sea. Wow! Beautiful.
24th November 2013

Hi Again
Hi Goffandbarb, Just love getting your news and photos. It reminds me of my trip it WA years ago. It was my favourite state, so diverse. The photos are really great quality. You two could do this for a living. GG and I are doing more & more Sea Kayaking. Last Sunday did a 17+km paddle out from Paynesville with a group and had to venture back in a swell with head wind and waves with white caps. Pretty exciting and scary but we made it. Couldn't stop, had to keep paddling or we would have gone backwards.
24th November 2013
New Norcia

Hi
This is a beautifully well balanced photo. Great photography! Will pass your Blog on by email to GG as he is not subscribed. Weather here cold, Top 17c & wet. Love to you both. Safe travels. Carolyn. ❤️❤️

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb