Andrew and Jane Running Free


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth Airport
April 18th 2018
Published: April 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Preparation over. Departure time arrived. Ready to Explore and Enjoy. Smiling BIG time.

A little about Perth International Airport - There has been significant investment and planning for the future at the Perth Airport. It is envisaged that all commercial air services will operate from one precinct, Airport Central, offering a world-class airport experience. The International Departures has been transformed with expansion and refurbishment that has greatly improved the outbound international customer experience and now offers a far greater range of retail and dining choices, along with improved check-in, outbound immigration and security screening areas.

The flight on EK425, Perth to Dubai (11hours), consisted of attempted sleep, eat (Scrambled Eggs), pee, movie (Death of Stalin), attempted sleep, pee, movie (Hostiles), pee, attempted sleep, pee, movie (Thank You For Your Service), eat (Chicken Korma ), pee, be patient for landing. Disembarking was quick and efficient, going through passport control without any complications, a 5 minute wait for the Holiday Inn shuttle for the overnight stay. Both of us are looking forward to our overnight break here in Dubai in our journey to Manchester.The 18 hour haul was one we did not want to do.

The facts board at Dubai Airport states that it opened in 1960 and now serves more than 90 million people a year, flying them to over 280 destinations across 6 continents on more than 140 scheduled airlines. It hopes to approach 100 million passengers by the end of the decade. It is indeed a dynamic and fast-growing airport that truly connects the world.

Even though tired, still smiling.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.355s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb