Belated Happy New Year from Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Joondalup
January 20th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived late at night into Perth but were greeted at the airport by my two brothers, Carl and Garry, a moment I had been looking forward to since we left England.

It was now only one week till Christmas but still felt like months away. Within the week leading up to the big day we had a family day out to Fremantle and had lunch at Cicerello’s fish and chip shop on the pier, on the way back there was complimentary wine tasting which we all took full advantage of! We also went to Kings Park which gives great views of the city and had a fantastic playground for Neve and Isaac to let off steam. Gaz and I took Neve to Cottesloe beach where GMTV had a live link, so it was packed of mad brits waving flags and screaming a lot!

On Christmas Eve we went to Carl and Ruth’s friends house for a BBQ and Santa came and brought all the kids presents even Garry got one (a gift wrapped bottle of beer) so he must have been good this year!!
On Christmas day we went to mullalloo beach along with the rest of Perth, it seemed quiet surreal for Christmas day being 36 degrees and people wearing Santa hats!
When we got back from the beach we had a traditional Christmas turkey with cranberry and bread sauce cooked very well by Garry and a little help from Steve. We sat outside to eat it but even at 5pm it was still very hot out there. The rest of the day was made up of drinking, playing and dancing, it reminded me very much of being a child myself!! Great to have a family Christmas, can’t remember the last Christmas I had with Carl, Ruth and Garry??

Garry and Nic left just before New Year to continue their travels and so we lost our chef and had to start fending for ourselves!! We also lost the entertainment for the kids!! There was a street party on New Years Eve which we stumbled home from around 3 am! Needless to say the next day we were all suffering and spent the day chilling out.

Scuba Steve has now completed his open water diving course and is now a certified diver. He took the advantage of the free equipment hire given to him for passing the course. He and Glenn, who was his dive buddy during the course went off the beach at Sorrento’s and even though the visibility was poor still managed to come face to face with a Wobbegong (a type of carpet shark) which swam up over the reef as he was swimming down. The shark came straight up to him and swam passed through the gap between his body and arm. Even though everything is magnified under water it still looked pretty big especially that close!

We spent a couple of days in Rockingham staying with Steve’s distant, distant, distant step cousin (or something like that), Angie and husband John who were very kind. Even though we had never met and until the week before didn’t even know each other existed they invited us to stay the night and we spent some time connecting the links (Thanks again for a great time).

We packed our bags for the first time in quite some time and headed to the Airport with some teary goodbye's and the "real travelling" was about to start again.

Take a deep breathe Asia here we come!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



31st January 2007

Wow, looks amazing!
We finally got to see these absolutely amazing photos of you all having such a superb time, so nice to have a visit this way! Have printed off all the blogs to catch up reading at leisure at home away from internet cafe. Looks like the trip of a lifetime. Neve looks really cute too! Is that my cousin Angela the newfound relatives. Have not seen her in years! Lots and lots of love and look forward to reading about Thailand take care of yourselves.

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb