Go North - 23 April


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Leeman
April 23rd 2023
Published: May 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 23rd April

The day was glorious, and we set off to explore the town such as it is. Parked at the jetty and walked down to chat with the fishermen on a cray boat that had just been unloaded, Tippy was not sure about the water between the planks of the jetty he couldn’t work it out and stayed really close to us when we walked down. We watched a dolphin playing in the shallows one of the fishermen told us she had a baby with her, but we only saw the one. The place is bringing back lots of memories for Graeme from his days of fishing up here with his mates many years ago, good times, fortunately. We found a little park called Gecko Patch Hill, along the pathways were an assortment of mosaics on tiles all of different version of a Gecko, the colours were amazing what a find. A set of steps lead us up to a lookout point from which we could see all around the bay out past the reef which shelters the boats. We met a young girl who was taking some rubbings of the mosaics and she pointed us at the local coffee shop. Coffee was great and once again Tippy was the centre of attention. We have always chatted to people but when you have a dog you seem to go from one person to the next including a chat with the local Contract Ranger. The town has all of the usual facilities of small town including the "Club" which is huge the meals are meant to be good, we wanted Fish & Chips but the lady who runs the shop had to dash off to Queensland as her dad had passed away, bugger, looks like soup from the freezer again, thank goodness I put a few in at the last minute, they have proved a bonus. We headed down to the beach again armed with cameras and tripods but as luck would have it the sunset was nothing like the night before but still worth a shot or two, I got a nice silhouette of Graeme and the dog on the beach which I was pleased with. It looks like the weather may be turning and a front is coming through so we packed the chairs inside and took up the ground sheet whilst it was still dry, great move the heavens opened at about 3am, I noticed that the German couple had the fly tent on this morning I reckon they had to do a dash in the night, they had been camping with only the internal tent up due to the amazing weather so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb