day 60 26.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Been pouring all night again, so packed up in the rain again and headed off to Kalgoolie about 400 k’s in the rain again. We went into Esperance for a drive around the town and get fuel, it appears to be a nice place to stay a few days but the rain again wrecked our plans. Decided to drive out of the rain, we’ll see what happens.

Got to Norseman and fuelled up as about 188k’s to go, had lunch in car and we rang ahead to book a camp site at Kalgoolie. There were only 2 places that take dog the fpa which when we rang was booked out for tonight but had space for the next night great!! So rang the Goldminer’s caravan Park which is an Acclaim Park group. They said that they had a small site on a corner and come and see it. Someone had booked 2 ensuite sites and this park was 2 ½ hours away.

About 1 hour after leaving Norseman it started to stop rain and in the distance there was blue skies so maybe the weather is clearing.

When we got there and went to reception and we told the manageress who we were and we had rang 2 hours earlier and she had told us to come have a look at the corner site that was small an to see if we would fit on , she said that she just gave it away 10 mins ago GREAT !! I thought! So asked about the ensuite sites and she started to play with the computer to try and get us in.

There was only1ensuite site left so we said that we will have it for 2 nights cost $72 but it’s a long weekend and school holidays so the prices are starting so go up. After setting up and cleaning the van and removing about ½ ton of sand we took the dogs for a walk and checked out the other site. We would have fitted but it was on gravel, with water lying over the ground where the van door should have been, and our site had a concrete slab at last we were winning. Late in the afternoon a thunder storm came in and back to the rain again.

Behind the van park there is an airport and when the planes too off Chloe would jump off the bed and start barking as if she wanted to catch it like back at home. There was huge storm during the night, at about 10.30 pm Marg heard a huge bang, some sort of explosion but Warwick slept through it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb