day 58 24.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What to top day today appears to be great as the sun is still out and the temp will be around 25 degrees, so we did some washing, took the dogs for a big run to tire them out so we left them in the van and headed off to the tourist info centre.

1st on the list was Mt Clarence lookout which is an ANZAC memorial. It was here the 1st ever ANZAC service in Australia was held here. King George Sound was where the ANZAC left Australia to sail overseas. This area is very beautiful and fantastic views of Albany through to the harbour then out to sea.

After the lookout we drove to Princess Royal Fortress, this site is full of history with a guard house with a guard who you paid to see the exhibition. We spent several hours walking around the area; the history of the fortress was interesting as they had everything military from WW1 and WWII.

After the fortress we drove to Brig Amity which is an old colonial ship and next door was the old goal. Started to have enough so back to camp via Coles to get some fresh meat and fruit as this is nearly our last stop in a big town for a while.

We wished to have stayed longer but time was against us again, home made pizza for dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb