Kalgoorie & Broome Time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kalgoorlie
September 23rd 2007
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kalgoorie

Dry heat, gale force winds, rocky camping grounds, dodgy dingos, nose bleeds, and general agitation all round.. but altleast there were some beautiful views of mountainous regions, waterfalls and stunning lagoons..!!


Broome Time

We were really excited about getting to Broome as we hadn't seen civilisation since Perth. The place was heaving with backpackers so unfortuntelty we were unable to get a room st the Kimberly Klub hostel as we had hoped but instead we ended up in a pretty grubby but friendly camp site. To our complete suprise though we met up with some old friends from the old firestation.. Jonas, Greg and Chris.
Broome was a fairly nice place to hang out for a while but not for to long as the place was still very small with only a handfull of things to do. The heat at 35 degrees coupled with the lack of humidity also was pretty tiresome. Every morning at around 7am the sun would hit the tent and turn the thing into a sauna and within around two minutes the thing was unbearable..!! Everyone in Broome just lazed around moving at a snails pace giving rise to the term Broome time.. a term coined a long time back due to all of the above..!!

Apart from Vikki having some clothes stolen off the line by some pikey gypsy, which there were plenty of around, it was quite a relaxing stay although i'd give the "stairway to heaven" a miss. This being a once a year event where the tide retreats far out and the moonlight reflects of the mudflats causing a so called stairway effect up to the stars...!! Should have just gone to the pub..!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Broome Camp Site 4Broome Camp Site 4
Broome Camp Site 4

The storage tent


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb