Fremantle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
April 9th 2012
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After spending a couple of days in Perth it was time to head to the sea side, so with our bags packed we caught the train to Fremantle and checked in to the pirates backpacker hostel.

With our bags dropped off we started wandering around. As its Easter weekend we timed it well with street performers filling the majority of the streets. We (Jo) also managed to find the market with lots of food and crafts on display; Will exercised great control in walking past all the food stalls as he hadn't had any breakfast yet.

Next we walked up to the old jail. This was a working maximum security prison up until 1991. After nosing round the exhibitions and displays we headed for the coastline stopping and enjoying a little beach on the way.

On our earlier travels we'd heard about the Little Creatures Brewery House, so once we'd found it nestled in between all the sea food reataurants we had a quick look round; with it being a bank holiday it was packed although we're keen to come back on a quieter day!

Having worked up an appetite walking round we walked back to the hostel to cook up an early dinner and catch up with some blogging and an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb