12th February Freemantle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
February 14th 2011
Published: February 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had allocated Saturday to visit Freemantle. By this time we had realized that we had packed a lot into a week, and maybe we should have scheduled a few rest days in the schedule!.

We had decided to make it late start and leave for Freemantle at around 11:00 am. Diane caught up with some ironing and me with e-mail and blog.
Cath gave us a lift to the station, where we boarded the train to Freemantle. This took about an hour with a change at Perth. When we got to Freemantle we headed for the market and from there to the Maritime museum, our intention was next to visit Freemantle Prison but the heat of 32 degrees and a long week of sightseeing was taking its toll, we decided to call it a day and went for lunch (and a nice Chardonnay!!). We did not want to be too late getting back as Graham had book dinner for our last night in Perth.

Graham had booked us in at Jessica’s. Which is a real nice seafood restaurant, the food and wine was excellent. When we had finished we moved on to Burrswood, which is a complex with hotels, bars theatres and casino. We visited the casino, I tried my luck at the blackjack table, whilst Graham played the slot machines, neither of us having too much luck.
We headed home to watch some of the English Premier League on the TV at around midnight and headed to bed at around 01:30 am


Advertisement



15th February 2011

Hello
hey mum and dad, That's me signed up. Blog looks great. I'm just off to bed as working at 7am. Speak soon. Love Craig

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb