Fremantle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
October 19th 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

18/10/08 Saturday Day 65
About half way down we stopped in a place called Gingin. This is another tiny place. We stopped at a filling station to have a home made sandwich curiosity of our campervan worktop! This bit is funny cause it only happens in the movies. You need to get a key attached to a block of timber to get access to the toilets. Gas!
We then headed to Coogee Beach caravan park which is 6 kilometres south of Fremantle which is south of Perth.
After a spot of dinner we decided to head to the town for the night except that we were waiting for about an hour for the stupid taxi to show up. When I ran for a third time, the wan at the other end gave the phone number of another crowd. Crazy. The town itself is very lively and good party atmosphere too. It’s kat busy and everyone is off their face. Plus we’ve noticed that all Australian people are huge, i.e. way taller than us. We were the kings in Asia because everyone there is so small. But anyway back to tonight. The first place we went to was very trendy. They had a live band with someone murdering nice songs. There was a huge queue for the main night club and it was coming from both sides of the footpath so we decided to skip that and head into the pub which was about half way through one of the queues. Nice place too. Looked very much like an English pub. Getting the taxi home wasn’t good at all. We had to queue for an hour. It was just like home and it was freezing too.

19/10/08 Sunday Day 66
Today was scorching. Totally blue skies with not a cloud in sight. We were going to head to Rottnest Island today but we missed the ferry so we decided to go early tomorrow morning. Instead we went to the Maritime Museum and Shipwreck Museum which was interesting. They had the front section of a wrecked ship along with items from it, including the bones of a European person. We also went to the Fremantle Market which is only opened on weekends. It’s a bit rough in there but there’s a huge fresh fruit and veg section. It’s all a bit hippyish there too. The rest of the day was spent just walking around the place. It’s small enough. It’s basically a beach town where a lot of the people working in Perth come at the weekends.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb