Tour of Booty: Heave Ho, Freo!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
February 18th 2004
Published: February 18th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Ouchie!!!Ouchie!!!Ouchie!!!

21 days on the road...
I slept great-remember you can never have enough sleep! Today I had to get my last minute souvenir shopping done, as well as send some more postcards out (apologies to Lauren). Bill also had to work today so Viv decided to show me the city before we’d meet Bill and head over to Freo (go the local lingo)!

There’s a block in the city that is closing down, as they want to build a new interchange for the buses. Every shop in that block has a sale where the discounted price is about 50% off. King Kong is a bargain store that is just crazy as it bloody discounted everything in the store down to $2. But as they say, you pay for what you get and it’s Viv’s weak point. She’s running around the store, buying everything she can get her hands on and anything she can carry, including a hat on her head.

Eventually (I had to drag her out of there!), we’re on our way to Freo. Tonight we’re going to do the candlelight tour of the gaol. It’s just something that I heard about and I wanted to go there to pass the time. These tours are ok (when you get to find out about the heritage of a city landmark), I just don’t like other tours where they cost heaps and you’re treated like sheep-herded off the bus then herded back on. Unfortunately, Viv didn’t know that we had to book for a night tour so we just make the decision to head home. It’s been fun checking out Freo though, even though we haven’t had much to do. Once again it’s great and fascinating to see the sun set over the sea to the west! Luckily we get on the last bus home from Kelmscott and it’s cooled down a touch tonight, compared to the heat of yesterday…

K’s: Kelmscott-Fremantle-Kelmscott: 90K
Running Total: 6845.8K


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BeautyBeauty
Beauty

Bill & Viv's cat


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb