2 June 2012


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a quick trip to the Broome Markets and indulging the senses with some local mango icecream, we hit the road.<span><span> We stopped at the Willare Bridge Roadhouse for lunch as I had talked it up after being there twice on my tour out into the Kimberleys just over a week ago.<span> The big lawns and shadey trees out the front did the trick as we had a quick bite to eat.

The plan was to stop at a free camp for the night just short of Fitzroy Crossing but on the way we stopped to see if we could assist two gents who had suffered a flat literally in the middle of nowhere.<span> They had a spare raring to go but the hydraulically tightened wheel nuts simply couldn’t be budged to remove the flat tyre.<span> There was no phone reception and no chatter on our CB radio so we took their details and headed to Fitzroy Crossing to send some help.

On the way into the town I had to swerve to miss a snake ambling across the highway and boy was this guy a monster.<span> Its tail had barely left the gravel on the side of the highway and its head was almost halfway across the bitumen to the other side.

Rachel got on the phone about ten clicks out of Fitzroy Crossing and raised the alarm for the local service centre to head out and assist the gents we had passed 90 kms back along the highway.<span> We pulled up stumps at the local caravan park for the night and wouldn’t you know it, the same guys we had stopped to help pulled in about an hour later.

Another passing motorist had stopped to lend a hand and they somehow managed to fix the problem.<span> All is well that ends well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb