Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth » the city
December 29th 2009
Published: December 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When someone says ‘What do you think of when I say “Exmouth”? my reply is simple….Pristine Beaches and Picture Perfect. Located 1270kms from Perth, WA, with an overnight stop in Kalbarri, the drive and wait is truly paid off as soon as you hit the beaches of Exmouth.

After returning from Exmouth back in April….I was sad to be leaving but also relaxed and in awe of where I had just been. With the sun on my back and the smell of the oceanit was fabulous, I honestly didn’t want to come home.

We rented a house in the town centre, which was close to the shops and resturants and was perfect for 2 families of 4 plus more. I would also highly recommend staying at the Lighthouse Caravan Park which was absolutely devine…perfect for the travelling family or Duo…were you wake up and an Emu is walking past and even the occasional lizard will wonder past. Located at the bottom of Exmouth’s Lighthouse and directly across for the beach, the Lighthouse Caravan Park makes for fabulous accommodation at the right price. Only problem is that if you want mobile phone reception you have to go up to the lighthouse….but with perks…there you can call home whilst watching the sunset over the gorgeous Ningaloo Reef and make friends and family envious of where you are.

Attractions…..why else would go to Exmouth but for the Ningaloo Reef. Postcard Perfect is another term I had myself used and heard from fellow Exmouth lovers. The beaches are white, the ocean is turquoise, the sky is blue and the sun is bright! Once your in the water it’s hard to get out….when the fish are leisurely swimming around not worried about human contact why would you get out, if you go in to the slightly deeper waters and if it’s the right time you may even see turtles, manta rays and larger fish. The other reason people go to Exmouth is the swim with “The Giants of the Sea”…I’m talking about none other than the Whale Shark…this animal is amazing and so docile that you just want to stay there with them. You may have seen photos of a person swimming next to a Whale Shark and thought “WOW that’s a big fish” but nothing compares to seeing them up close.

I can not speak highly enough of Exmouth, (as you can tell) even the locals are lovely, always happy to help and so passionate about the Ningaloo Reef that they have banned plastic bags up there the help maintain the beauty of Exmouth for generations to come. So if you were to asked me to some Exmouth up in one sentence it would be ……“Hows the serenity?.....So much serenity." - Darryl Kerrigan - The Castle (1997) Spoken by a truly great Australian sitting on his holiday house porch in his favourite place to be.

Bon Voyage!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb