Exmouth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth » the city
August 5th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well I thought it it was about time to add another blog.

Exmouth has been wicked to us, its a great place so chilled out we don't want to leave. It seems to be that type of place that sucks people in, you talk to people who are like "we were only meant to be here for 3days and that was 3 years ago!" and we know what they mean.

We've made a good crew of friends and always heading to the beach for a surf, walk on the sand, or to mess with the hermit crabs as I like to amuse myself doing!

John from my work took me and my friend Natalia out snorkeling to the mildura wreck and we saw some amazing things. Sea snakes, turtles, blue starfish, a dugong (google it!) who swam with us and under us for ages, they're normally quite timid when it comes to people so that was an amazing sight, and heaps of fish!

Friday nights are usually spent down the legendary "Potty", a holiday resort called Potshots where it "goes off" well that's in Exmouth standards, its a busy bar in England! But its good fun and very messy. There's a pool bar and if you bomb it you get an instant month ban.....and there's no other bar in town, or anything else to do as it happens so your buggared!

We've (Robs, Lou, Natalia, Jodey and Me) just spent a day in the National Park just north of Exmouth and been snorkeling at the Oyster Stacks and Turquoise Bay which was pretty sweet. We then watch the sun setting over the sea from the Lighthouse and then went back to camp for a fish supper. Robs was in a poker competition the other week and won $50 of prawns (from Kalis some of the best prawns you can get) and $50 of fresh fish to order when needed so we had a massive BBQ with it all. Eight people were fed well and there's still enough left for another six at least!

At the minute we're planning our way out of here, I've got a week left of work and Robs already quit. We're slowly selling our gear, Harry went for a miserable $50, but what you to do when you're in the middle of no-where with a broken van! Then we're going to head on out of here on the Easyrider bus so until then I will say "love to all" and write to you next when we make it to Broome xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb