WHALESHARKS!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth » the city
June 19th 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alrighty, putting yesterday’s complete disaster behind us we prayed for a better day swimming with the whale sharks, wooooo! It was worth every dollar we paid!

First we had a practice snorkel in the open water and I saw a turtle and a manta ray. Then after a few false alarms, some unplayful whale sharks, lots of waiting around, and me having a bit of sea sickness (my first) we saw WHALESHARKS!!!!! Three of them in fact, two smaller ones around 3-4m then one around 7.5m and these are baby ones!

After an exciting morning and noon, it was time to eat, mmmmm, and to warm up, the winds made it bloody freezing on the boat! Then it was time to go Humpback whale spotting and we saw loads! A few breached for us, we saw then dive down and flip their tails and there was a baby on that kept doing spins on its back. It was great, but then unfortunately the day had to come to an end and at 4.30 we we're jumping into the smaller boat to get shipped to shore.

However, our exciting day of animal spotting wasn't to be over just yet, and on the way home we saw ospreys, kangaroos and an echidna. Exciting stuff for me anyway!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb