Exmouth 23rd June.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
June 23rd 2012
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were able to sit outside last night without any wind for a change. Steve found a few new birds at the park who,he was happy so share his seat with. After finally having dinner last night after the long wait for fish and chips it was off to bed in the still quiet night. That was until around 1am when the wind once again picked up big time! The tent was flapping around and making lots of noise. Enough to keep us awake. Then at 6:30 it was time for me to get up to go looking for whale sharks.

I got down to the dive centre and signed in. There was to be six of us on the tour. Into the mini bus we all climbed with our diving gear stowed away in the trailer and we were off. Half an hour down the road we were flagged over by another car with a boat on the back. This was as it turned out the tender to the boat we were to be going out on. The conditions are too dangerous, we will have to turn back. Those that were leaving the next day were given a refund and those of us who wished to re-book could do so. I have now booked in for Wednesday. The forecast is for light winds and clear skies And a top of 26c (fingers crossed).

As a result of the sleepless nights during strong winds Sandy and I have packed up the tent and booked into a motel type room on the caravan park until we leave on Thursday morning. Why so long? Up until Wednesday strong winds are forecast overnight every night, then on Thursday we want to get a very early start to Karijini as Debbie and Steve are heading off on Wednesday to a free camp near Tom Price then a short drive to Karijini.

Today has been quite a relaxed day after getting back from the dive that never eventuated. This morning we drove into town (1k) for a late breakfast at one of the cafes in there. Then this afternoon we went for a drive out to Charles Knife Gorge and Shothole Canyon. An unexpected surprise for a town that focuses so much on the whale sharks and water based activities. As you can see from the pictures quite a pretty and rugged spot.

This evening it was out to Pinnochio's for dinner. An Italian restaurant within walking distance of where we are staying. We all enjoyed the meals and would happily recommend the restaurant to fellow travelers.

Now for a good night's sleep..........


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb