Exmouth 24 June


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
June 24th 2012
Published: June 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another windy night, followed by a windy day. The kite surfers were happy, but every obeach water activity was off limits.

This morning, upon waking we were thankful for the solid walls of our cabin. The wind was howling around and looking at a few of the tents around the area were suffering from the strong wind.

The day started out with a trip into town to refuel and collect some groceries. Whilst I was down the street it was also a good chance to grab a decent coffee, at $5 it should be too!

Back at the cabin Sandy is head into her Kindle, totally engrossed in "The gang of four". A couple more loads of washing before lunch then it's time to hit the road for some more sight seeing. Debbie and Steve decide to stay put in the caravan. This time we elect to have a look at "Pebble Beach" and yes as expected the beach is made up of lots of pebbles. In amongst the pebbles however, are also pieces of washed up coral. A good oportunity to get out of the car and do some fossiking around.

It is interesting drive over all the pebbles, a similar feel to sand for driving on, but the tread of the tyres do not grip into the pebbles as they do with sand. From there it was onto Learmonth Jetty. A small military supply jetty with public access. The waves were coming up through the open floored part of the extended part of the jetty before crashing into the older solid breakwater style jetty. A good photo opportunity, but otherwise not too much to see, that is unless you like seagulls.

Back to camp and in with the washing, at least the wind along with the sun the clothes dry pretty quickly.

Tonight it is off to the caravan for dinner - steak and salad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb