WesternAustralia - Dongara/Port Denison


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Dongara
November 3rd 2015
Published: November 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 3 November

We had the kettle on about 7 am and started making a move. A good undisturbed nights sleep.

Yesterday we broke the back of the journey back to Perth, so have taken the pressure off the next couple of days.

We hadn't had any access to the internet for a few days and amongst a few other things we needed to book some accommodation for the end of our current leg and also Alice springs. I had noticed that the garage/shop/cafe I had visited last night had Wifi and internet advertised, so as Pat had stayed near the van last night and not had a wander round, we decided that when we left the site this morning, we would fill up with petrol, check if internet was available and if so, stop and catch up on a few things.

About 9 am we left the site drove across the road and filled up. When paying they said internet was available for AUS$8 per hour.

So we moved the camper van off the forecourt and parked, two coffees and two hours of internet and we were back in touch with the world.

I blogged, Pat booked accommodation, then we caught up with mails and facebook. Checked premium bonds and I had won £25.

Northampton is noted as an historic place and is certainly very quaint. We visited the shop which has a sewing machine museum and generally wandered around. After buying some groceries in the IGA Store we stopped in the visitor centre and chatted with a lady for a while.

The Melbourne cup is today and a number of ladies are dressed up.

At about 11.30 am we left Northampton and pootled off down south.

Our destination was Dongara, Port Denison which wasn't far and we arrived about 1.00 am. The tourist office was very helpful in Dongara and we moved on to Port Denison, chose the Big4 caravan site and checked in, AUS$36. We had driven 122 kilometers.

They do not have Cyprus in their country database!

The site seems new and everything is orderly and well laid out. There are not too many people about and our pitch is right next to the washing lines and ablution block, very handy.

Lunch was next on the agenda and we walked to the shop area and went into a cafe.

Pat had a chicken caeser salad and I had a chicken satay pie with salad. A stroll back along the beach and we were chilling in the van with a cup of tea by 3.30 pm.

We had a lazy afternoon, some sandwiches and a cup of tea about 6.30 and we settled down for sleep about 8.00 pm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.4s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb