Denmark 26/10/10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
October 27th 2010
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cloudy and overcast today but predicted to be 29 degrees later in the day. Went for a dip in the ocean at Middleton Beach before heading west again towards Denmark. No there is no Lego here, much to the disappointment of Lachlan and Xavier.
A few Kilometres outside Denmark in William Bay National park there are huge granite boulders forming a naturally protected swimming cove. Here we all went snorkeling and saw some beautiful fish which surely are supposed to be in tropical waters. These are NOT tropical waters. Each time a swell came into the cove you would get a little brain freeze, but all in all it was worth the icy conditions. Walking over the rocks we climbed to the next little bay called Elephant Cove. Great huge, red, granite monoliths half submerged in the water really did look like a herd of elephants. Headed back to Albany in the afternoon via the Swiss Chocolate Lounge where we all rested out of the sun with iced chocolates.
Xavier's Journal
Today we went to Green Pools and Elephant Cove. There were thousands of fish and crabs so we went snorkeling. IT WAS AWESOME !!! After that we went to a Swiss chocolate factory.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

View to the Southern Ocean View to the Southern Ocean
View to the Southern Ocean

Water coming right off the Antarctic??


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb