Hollys first snorkle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
September 21st 2008
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We set up camp and headed to the beach to have a look around, the beach just went on and on. The water was really clear but was fresh, the edge of the sea was shallow to begin with then suddenly drops of really deep. The temperature It was around 29 degrees, me and Jay had a geek off chasing each other across the sand, we chilled out on the beach to catch the sunset until the wind picked up we chickened out and headed back to camp. The camp site was very modern with new bathrooms, Coral Bay is self sufficient the town runs off generators they even clean their own water supply so we can drink it. We had a game of cards and a couple of drinks then had an early one.

In the morning we headed to the beach for Holly's first snorkel, the water started off real shallow then dropped off quite deep which was good for Holly as the coral was close, so funny Holly has contacts so she could not get her eyes wet which was a bit of a mission. In we got finally and off we went Holly drowned a couple of times as she kept putting her head to far forward. We spent most of the day chilling on the beach and snorkeling which was lovely. The coral had started to bleach and turn white where the water temprature has risen a few degrees.

Jay and I headed off on our own this morning in the search of sharks as the bay to the left of the bay is well known for sharks, it is called Sharks nursery. We walked all the way to the point and back which took around 2 hours there and back, and no we did not see any sharks or baby one only two tinny fins, but it was worth the walk as we did manage to see a star fish washed up onto the sand. We caught up with the girls and spent the afternoon snorkeling and getting a tan.

We headed back to camp set up our towels next to the kitchen area so that we could charge all the ipods and phones ready for our next part of the adventure. We bought a competition size Frisbee which lasted all of about 10mins, as it snapped in half not worth the $6.50.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb