Cervantes & Pinnacles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Cervantes
June 13th 2013
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

CervantesCervantesCervantes

3 dimensional Town Sign
Geo: -30.5036, 115.07

We got into Cervantes which is a small fishing town (mainly cray fishing) quickly set up the van and then headed out to the Pinnacles Desert in the Nambung National Park. Wow it is an amazing place.

You need a national park pass but we had bought one for the Bungle Bungles so it cost nothing for us to get in or ($11 per car).
You can drive your car through on a one way track and there are lots of park bays to get out and look or walk around. The area is huge with thousands of limestone pinnacles formed years ago. Some reach heights of 2 metres thick and 5 metres high.
It is hard to describe the area without seeing it.

We went to the Lookout and also Lake Thetis which has some stromatolites but nothing as impressive as the ones at Hamelin Pool.
The further down the coast we go, the firmer and whiter the sand seems to be but the water is not as clear with more seaweed on the beach. So far we have had good weather but the clouds are gathering on the horizon.

Not far out of town we came across a huge white sandhill
Cervantes BeachCervantes BeachCervantes Beach

Cray fishing boats
and also a grasstree area with thousands of them covering the hills.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



16th June 2013

Trev and Peta just bought a small grass tree for over 100 bucks. Load the car up griff hahahaha !

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb