One week away today!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Cervantes
November 28th 2009
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up ridiculously early due to the big freeze. Set off North for warmer climates! The roads were all so quiet. The amount of different terrailns in Oz is amazing. One min is deserty then green bush then beautiful cost then a flat plain looking like the set of a western. Spent some time dead animal spotting, we know how to entertain.

Cervantes was a couple of hrs drive but we were just so pleased to have the sun on us warming us through. We went through a couple of national parks on the way and saw an emu. We booked onto Cervantes Pinnacles Caravan Park which has better facilities than last nights then we went to see the Pinnacles.

OMG the flies were all over us when we got out of the van at the Pinnacles. We walked fast up to the viewpoint and it was quite a spectacle! We decided due to the fly attack to drive round them instead of walking. Samantha was displeased about halfway through the journey and we could hear the water boiling, extra worrying as the engine is under my seat! We stopped for a while to let her cool down then tried not over rev her and did no more stops.

Cervantes is again a small town of about 900 so we stopped in the little general store to stock up and to buy the most awful looking blanket you ever did see patterned with horses and roses, but it sems like it will be v.warm. Went to buy some booze from liquer store which is mucho expensive.

The campsite though lovely and quite full wasn't very lively so we just read for a bit. The blanket was toasty warm and we both had a good nights sleep.

- Suse

p.s. did the laundry and managed to dye all the whites a lovely dirty pink colour inc. Robby's :p


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb