day 39 5.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Carnarvon
September 6th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post


When we got up this morning at the blowholes camping area it was blowing a gale from the south but we were pretty well sheltered from the sand blowing around. So we packed up and were heading for monkey mia or Denham for our next stop. We had 70 k’s to go to get the Carnarvon and it was a real struggle in 4th gear and unable to get any speed up (not over 80kmh), the fuel was quickly being sucked out, used a ¼ tank of fuel just to get to Carnarvon so said to Marg this is useless we are going nowhere quick so we might stay at Carnarvon, we booked into the Capricorn holiday park (fpa) for 2 nights hoping that the winds die down.

With this short trip from the blowhole camp grounds we were set up by 11am and Marg decided to do so washing as it was breezy. After lunch we went into town to look for a good fresh fish shop but so far on this trip there has not been any found, so we had steak and salad for dinner and pizza.

We went to the 1 mile long jetty but it was closed due to the high winds so we drove around town looking at the attractions, but Warwick forgot his camera.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb