day 38 4.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Carnarvon
September 6th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post



We left Exmouth around 9am and drove south down the coast to have a look at Coral Bay and have lunch. There is not much there only 1 caravan park and a few tourist shops, garage and pub. So it was a good decision not to stay there. So onto point Quobba or the blowholes camp area (436).

Filled up at Minilya roadhouse at $1.82/litre. Got to the turn off for the blowholes and another 50 k’s, the country side is very flat and sandy. Arrived at the blowholes camping grounds around 3pm. The camp sites back onto a sand hill which runs some 3 k’s, after a lot of looking found 1 nice which backed into the sand hills.

After setting up camp went for a walk along the beach with the dogs. It is so isolated and peaceful here with the sounds of other campers generators going, the noise was not over powering but didn’t really here it about the sounds of the ocean.

Another sad dinner with prawns and salad so I guess some one has to do the hard yards occasionally. After dark Marg started a fire so all 4 of us sat around the fire for several hours. It’s amazing that when there are no street lights or flood light how dark it really gets.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.3kb