Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
June 18th 2012
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

View of Roebuck BayView of Roebuck BayView of Roebuck Bay

taken from camp site
June 18th

We left Cape Keraudren and made the long drive to Broome. It's a pretty uninteresting drive, other than the wattles flowering which brightened it up. We have a great site at the Roebuck Bay Caravan Park, fronting the ocean. We went into town and had a very expensive Chinese meal for dinner.



June 19th

We went into town and gave the local economy a bit of a boost. We got some more books for the kids, a few clothes and some food, and also Mike took the car to get a chip in the windscreen repaired (that happened as a truck passed us on the way to Broome). It's a pretty town, some lovely trees (including boabs), but somewhat marred by the beverage-container-based litter. Speaking of beverages and containers, Mike found that one can't buy cask wine here, which is unfortunate as it travels well. Should have brought another from Perth perhaps.



Alex and Kyle had a play on the rocks on the shore near the camper. In the evening it was a low tide so we went to Gantheaume Point and saw the casts of the dinosaur footprints and the gorgeous coloured rocks. We then climbed down the low cliffs with a lot of other people and were lucky enough to see the original dinosaur footprints.



Boys diaries -

Alex: Today I got new books. We went looking for dinosaur footprints and found them.

Kyle: I went to the bookstore. This is the one I towg (chose) (Freaky Facts).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Kyle and Alex Kyle and Alex
Kyle and Alex

with original dinosaur footprints, Gantheume Point, Broome


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb