October Long Weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
October 30th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, Week Two is done and dusted and wasn't it awesome to finish on a Thursday- thanks Queenie.
The week itself was just as busy as normal though,on Monday night Beck and I went to SIK boxing on the marsh and my muscles waged war on me for the next 3 days at least. Wednesday night was mixed netball and Thursday night was volleyball and then the staff Halloween Party. I got to bed after midnight but even though there was no work on Friday I didn't get a sleep in.

I started the long weekend off by attending the Positive Steps Pink Walk to raise money and awareness for breastcancer. Everyone met up at 7.30am (attired in their pinkest clothes) on the oval for a few laps before walking to nearby Cafe Indulgence for free cappacinos and muffins and an early morning auction. We let go of pinnk hellium balloon with names of friends and family affected by cancer and it was such a fabulous community event which ended up raising more than $3,000.

At 9:30 Keia, Laurie and I got the Barn Hill shopping done and hit the road. We got there around 2pm and after a quick set-up we went exploring. It was an afternoon of paddling in rockpools and relaxing by the water. Molly, Keia's new puppy got to experience real swimming and although she was hesitant at first, she grew in confidence quickly.
Vegemite was as chilled as ever and enjoyed diving for rocks.. and jellyfish which he quickly learnt was not a pleasant culinary treat.
On Saturday, we pretty much did the same thing, more quality beach time. In the afternoon 3 more Derbyites joined us and broought more food and alcohol. with so much sun and surf I was asleep both nights before 9pm.
This morning we had bacon and egg rolls before a quick dip and then it was back to Derby to get organised for the week.
I can't believe the weekend is over. I'm off to school to make a start on reports and will committ myself to them for the next few weeks. Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend. See you in 6 weeks. xoxoxox


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

eery skieseery skies
eery skies

Driving home we had to go through lots of back burning smoke which made the sky an eery sight.


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1003s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb