Broome Time!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
March 27th 2011
Published: March 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was touch and go as to whether or not I would be here. There was rain all week and I missed my PATHS PD as the road was still closed on Wednesday. However, we kept a close eye on the situation and by Friday the road was open. It was Broome Time!!!
We left Derby just after 3pm and by 5.30 we were at Gantheaume Point watching the sun sink into the water sipping champers! Now that's a Friday night.
After the sunset we checked into our awesome apartment at Blue Seas just around the corner from Cable Beach. After a quick change we headed off for a night on the town @ Zeebar (a sqanky tapas bar where you actually feel like you're in Subi- not Broome). There was live music which was amazing and I'm sure it's no surprise that we made the most of it and partied hard.

Saturday morning saw a few sore heads but we struggled through and with some bakery food under our belts we were on our way again. We spent all of the morning at the plaza, shopping up a storm. The rest of the day was spent down by the pool soaking up some sun and relaxing. After a stroll along Cable Beach for a photo opp with the camels we went to Diver's Tavern to watch the footy and have a casual dinner. Then it was off to bed for us.

Today we have chilled out. We did make a Bunnings stop (we are so sad) but we're happy just chilling out and enjoying a lazy Sunday. We've bought all our picnic gear so we're all set for Waifs- Take 2!

The other exciting thing about this weekend is that we are about to enter Week 9! 2 and a half weeks until Easter and that means farm time is fast approaching.

Top Ten time:
1. Lisalegs sending me her recent cd purchases! Thankyou!
2. Road opening for Friday and not hitting any cows (they were all over the show)
3. Sundowner at Gantheaume Pt.
4. Walking along Cable Beach
5. Making friends with a student teacher who works at a pearl shop- (no alteria motives there)
6. Broome Markets- next time I'll need to bring more cashola
7. Seeing the Waifs again!
8. Our little apartment find- heads up anyone coming up here Blue Seas Resort is a must!
9. Zeebar- a little slice of metro heaven!
and to save the best for last -
10. Target, Best and Less, Bunnings - funny the things you miss when you don't have access to shops.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb