Karijini NP & Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
November 29th 2007
Published: November 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hey there!!

I'm in Broome right now, but about to leave to Perth in a few hours. The trip from Exmouth to Broome has been really nice. Part of the people of the group returned from exmouth to perth. Only seven of the twenty of us continued up to Broome. We had a new bus and a new guide (good to have a new bus, cause the aircon on the first one broke down!!and it was really hot). We made our way up to Karijini NP during a whole day of driving. The park is famous for its gorges....lots of them, with different waterholes where we could swimm every now and then. It reminded me of Kakadu NP, but at the same time they are very different...the flies in general were unbereable, lots of them from the moment the first sunray came out until the very last one vanished. It was a big pain in the...we had to wear all the time a net around our heads to survive!!hahaha and the heat...u cant imagine!! right now in Broome, it gets around 38 C!!! haha Broome by the ay is a great place to chill out and relaz. a pity i dont have more time to spend here, because after sooo many hours driving and after another bus brake down (this time it was the water pump, and luckly we noticed this not very far away from a petrol station, so that we could get there easily...we had to sleep in the 'backyard' of the petrol station, in swags-a type of sleeping bag- in the 'open air', until a bus from broome came down to pick us up...a mecanic had to come from perth up to that petrol station to repair the car!!) it would have been necesary. the beach in broome is also very nice, cristal clear water (we saw a sting ray!!) and we wondered why nobody was swimming. We had a swimm anyways, and hours afterwards we heard that a croc had been seen in those beaches these days!!!! hahaha good to know it!! anyways, whe we went into town all the shops were already closed...at 16h!!! not bad eh? wet season is beginning, and even if it doesnt really rain very much (yet), the tourists are gone and the locals don't 'work' so much anymore...we saw incredible lightning storms feel the humidity day and night. anyways, i'm leaving to perth (on bus) tomorrow friday int he early morning, and will be again days and days sitting in the bus without service on my mobile phone...anyways, i just wanted to say that everyhting is fine and that i'll try to show u some pics pretty soon (i cant download them in this pc)...

big muak!!!

Advertisement



2nd December 2007

Viky! Está muy bien esto del mapa con la ruta! cada vez te lo curras más, vay a convertirte en una blog designer en toda regla! Por cierto que vaya montón de millas llevas... las vas contando? Besos.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb