Edith Falls to Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
June 29th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday 29 June 2007

Ok so that last entry may have been me venting a little about the grey nomads, at least its all out now and hopefully I won’t mention it again…..sorry about that.

We’ve made it to Broome and it is beautiful!!! It’s been 27 degrees during the day but it does get down to around 10 degrees over night. We had to do the usual catch up on washing, cleaning out the feral car etc and after 7-10 days of rain/drizzle/overcast weather we had 3 loads of washing joy oh joy.

The good thing is we are in range and Matt, Lily and I have had some conversations with other people. We had a cool video call with the Tutty’s and Jacki and Mark and Meeshell, I’ve got to say its great to see people’s faces as well as hearing their voices.

We are off to Cable Beach tonight to watch the sunset and enjoy some wine, we were supposed to do that last night but the fish and chips took too long to cook so we missed it (crapiola). So tonight we will venture onto the beach with the kids and Bron and Nev and then Nanny and Poppy are having the kids for a sleep over while Matt and I go out on the town in Broome for our anniversary (that is if we can keep awake past 7.30pm).

Broome is a beautiful town, very tropical of course with the fantastic palm trees and the gorgeous blue water. Matt and I enjoyed a beer at Matso’s brewery on Wednesday looking out over the ocean (and no we didn’t have the kid that’s probably why it was enjoyable…..). We are off to explore more of Broome with the kids this afternoon so I may have more information for you in the next blog (and hopefully some fab photo’s of the sunset on Cable Beach, apparently there are Camels on the beach that you can ride????)

Great to be in range (if I haven’t mentioned that already) so we can hear all your voices.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th July 2007

Hi Bron, i am loving following your travels....gives me something to do when i'm on reception. Sounds like you are having a great time. After reading what you've done and where you've been I am so travelling around Australia like you....keep the entries coming!
8th August 2007

Heeelllloooo
Hi Guys, thanks for the blogs so far and like Karen, it gives me a chance to blow work off for a while and have a little giggle! I've had to write my message on this earlier blog as it appears that newer and previous blogs have gone missing?? Those bloody kids lose everything! Love ya's! p.s glad you've finally done your hair and makeup Bron! It's all about presentation love...Jason

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb