5 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
February 5th 2012
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

No improvement with the weather and even some light rain about this morning but at least the wind has subsided to a gentle breeze.

We decided to ride along the scenic trail into Albany again and take a look at the Boat Shed Markets along the foreshore. About half way into town we came across a couple who were assisting an elderly male cyclist who was experiencing chest pain. By the time we arrived the lady was on the phone to emergency services organising an ambulance to come and assist.

I was Johnny on the spot and rode back to the beginning of the scenic trail to meet the ambulance and try and direct them to the location of the gentleman. The path was too narrow for the ambulance to drive along so I had to show the ambos approximately where on the map they needed to go. This preceeded a lot of riding back and forth as on first returning to the site the ambulance had still not arrived and we were unsure if it had fallen short or over-shot the mark.

Fortunately the crew finally located the man who was holding his own and assisted him into the vehicle headed for hospital. Probably more precautionary than anything and looks as though he'll be back on the bike in no time. After an extra half hour of riding up and down along the path I was close to spent but onward to town we went.

The markets were nothing to write home about but it was a nice walk along the foreshore and the small marina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb