Catching up with people in Albany


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
March 16th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 12th March 2009

After arriving in Albany we stopped at the tourist bureau where we were given a list of caravan parks. We decided to try the Kalgan River Caravan Park just out of town because it was on a river and looked peaceful. We were right! It was lovely and we were given a river bank site which would have been perfect for a longer stay.

We wandered through the Albany shops before going to Rags ex brother and sister in law, Jeff and Fran who have recently retired to Albany as 2 of their 3 children live here. Fran had just driven back from a trip to Perth and was very tired so we didn’t stay long. We sat on their balcony that overlooked Oyster Bay - gorgeous. Jeff also showed us the damage from recent rain that had unfortunately, washed away a massive amount of sand from the side of his new house.

Fran and Jeff offered us the keys to their Bremer Bay property. Rags had been here many years before with his first wife but Judy had never been to Bremer Bay before. We decided to set out for there the following morning.

On Friday morning, after packing up we went to Coles to get enough food for a few days at Bremer before calling in to see Kerry’s Mum and Dad who had moved into a retirement village in Albany a few years before. Here we were greeted very warmly by Delsa and Doug who had known Judy since she met Kerry when she was 16 years old. Rags took to Doug immediately but he was unable to stay long as he had an appointment in town. We enjoyed morning tea before being given a tour of the retirement village facilities - it has a pool, workshop, social area, barbecue area and much more.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb