14 May 2012


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We rolled out of Indee Station after breakfast and headed north to Port Headland.The temperature has been on the rise for the past week and it was definitely sizzling today.

The surrounding mines appear to be the main reason for people to come and live in this town as every second vehicle was a company owned 4WD. Other than fishing there did not appear to be much to keep you around if holidaying is what you had in mind.

Our primary destination right now is Broome and we have been travelling in that direction with a purpose since we returned to Perth; we have to be there by Wednesday (long story). The further we head north the further our destination appears to be from us. You have no conception of how big this country is until you hit the road. I always thought Port Headland was just down the road but we are still 600 kms from Broome!

The highway to Broome is nice enough and there is still some special country to see along the way. As the afternoon sun really started to take its toll we followed a dirt track that had us pulling up stumps for the night at 80 Mile Beach caravan park. Fantastic spot. The beach is beautiful and just keeps going and going and going. Not a recommended swimming spot but we still managed to get our feet in the water as we watched avid anglers cast out from the sand into the ocean.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb