Wet and Cold Riding


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
May 14th 2013
Published: May 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It started raining on Saturday night, just the odd torrential shower or two. Sunday was spent relaxing whilst the showers contined through the night again.

Monday morning showed a wonderful full half circle rainbow and brilliant sunshine, so we quickly packed up and were on our way by 9.30am, as the weather predictions were for more showers. Being the optimists that we are, we put our wets on, just in case. A very wise move on our part.

From Murray Bridge we headed towards Nhil, and of course, it wouldn't be S.A. without the wind. The first downpour hit us as we were going through Coomandook. We carried on to Coonalpyn and stopped there for morning tea and for Gail to put on a thermal top. It was the best tasting hottest coffee around and really hit the spot.

Through Keith and refuelled at Bordertown and crossing into Victoria the showers were still all around us, but the strong wind stayed behind. We got to Nhil and sort an accomodating motel there. The heater and electric blanket and kettle were all turned on before we even started unpacking. It was only a short walk between showers to the pub for sustinance that evening.

Tuesday morning dawned cloudy, grey and freezing cold, but it didn't rain for a while. We put on almost, all the warm clothing that we could and left the motel at 9.55am. Getting maximum value and hoping it would warm up.

Heading along The Western Highway through Horsham and on to the Henty Highway we noticed how few coffee stops there were through the small townships.

Arriving at Hamilton on a dismal, cold, wet,,late afternoon (just the riding conditions we enjoy) we set up camp.

Advertisement



16th May 2013

Thinking of you both in the wet and cold conditions - so guess I better throw another blanket on my bed tonight. :-)
17th May 2013

A bit behind
Sorry I have got a bit behind but Internet has been hard to get up here. Funny listening to your talk of cold, we had 31 yesterday with an overnight minimum of 23. Havent had long pants, jumper or blanket on for over 5 weeks so far. Heading for Cairns tomorrow before going west to the gulf. Stay dry and safe.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb