A Long Overdue Catch Up!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
March 18th 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Where have I been?

Well this blog appears to have disappeared! Between not having internet access to busy,busy,busy times I just forgot all about it! So here is a quick snapshot update to what Ive been up to! I left you last in Sydney as i was jsut about to head to work etc. Well after four months 'living the dream' in Bondi beach - eating, drinking,working,attempting to surf,swimming, and general good times I headed on my next adventure to central Australia and the elusive Ayers Rock!




A three day tour in 40degree heat saw me witness some of the most beautiful scenery i have ever seen!! It was a really spirtiual place, steeped in culture and age old legacies! I LOVED evry minute 😊 visited Ayers Rock (Uluru), the Kings canyon and The Olgas. Watched the sun rise and set on them, hiked, met new people, slept outside under the stars and had the best time. Ate kangaroo bolognaise too!!! This began my month long trip down the East Coast of Australia - hit:




Cairns - tropical (skydive and reef trip!)




Cape Tribulation (mossman gorge+ port douglas) - jungle meets beach, began the camping expeditions! Croc watching, campfires!




The Boulders, Josephine falls and Murray Falls! - the most epic waterfalls and scenery, amazing times! Met bertha the sname! Pete got attacked by march flies!!




Mission Beach - the diastrous bike ride (2 hrs turned into 5 hrs mountain biking!!) hilarious lol! 😊




Magnetic Island - one of my favourite places, like a chilled out little island! hired a pink buggie car for the day and toured the island! Amazing! Camped on a beach for 3 nights under the stars!!




Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays - catamaran trip into the crystal blue waters and white sand - AMAZING!




Rainbow beach for more camping and the boys skydive!




Gold coast - themepark (Dreamworld) and Waterworld fun!




Surfers Paradise/Nimbin/Byron Bay for chilling and sightseeing then all the way down to Melbourne!!!!!







Melbourne is a great city, very cultural- lots going on! Ive been here since November, working away and having lots of fun! Got another new wee pad after a couple weeks in the Barkly hostel! Then in February Caroline (one of my best friends from home) came over from New Zealand for 2 weeks which involved the Australia Open tennis, high tea, museum visits, cocktails, yummy dinners and lots of other things!! We then hired a camper for a week and drove the Great Ocean Road - amazing and such spectacular scenery. There was also the small matter of my first xmas and new year abroad!! They were quite chilled and i really enjoyed them but very different from the usual festivties at home!!




So you see I have been reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly busy!! I wasnt lying 😊 i just wanted to put a wee word on here with a catch up, did try to upload some pictures but it wont let me im afraid!




Il be seeing you very soon for a visit for proper catch ups 😉




Cant wait!!




lots love, peace, love and happiness!




Clairey xx 😊






Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb