More Aussie animals as we say so long to skippy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
August 21st 2009
Published: August 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had just two day's left in Australia and we hadn't completed our 'must see animal list'. Zoo's are not really our thing so we headed to a place called Healsville sanctuary which is just past Yarra valley (a huge wine producing region).

To be honest there's not much to put in this blog. We arrived early and got around almost all of the park. We fed the Kangaroos, saw a baby Koala, watched the bird show and visited the animal hospital (luckily no operations today!). We had a great day and added a nice inventory of animals to our list - the photos below will tell you which ones.

Michelle loves Kangaroos - which she has just made me write.

The following day we took it easy before attending another unsuccessful quiz night. This time we had 3 extra brains but we still came last. Even getting up on stage and 'downing' a pint of kidney beans in water didn't earn us enough points to avoid the worst team award. We were flying the next day and planned on just a couple of lagers ... which turned into many more.

It was sad to leave Aus. Things like friends, carpets, a clean bed, TV on the sofa, cockroach free bathrooms and just some stuff from home was nice. Beans on toast, fish and chips... and some of the meals Jody and Stuart cooked were great. We have to give a big mention to Jody and Stuart actually - they gave up their bed for 3 weeks and roughed it on the sofa bed in the lounge - thank you guys.

So our planned route had come to end. A circle of Asia, down Thailand's coast onto Malaysia and Indonesia, Australia.. and we come to the end. So what happens next? Well, we considered China but at this time there is lots of trouble in Bejing. We looked at India but it's the monsoon. So after much discussion we decided after landing in Singapore to go back up to KL and then onto Bangkok and then who knows!!

See you in KL,

Lee and Michelle


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb