Daylesford/Hepburn Springs, Victoria


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
January 10th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lake JubileeLake JubileeLake Jubilee

We swam, canoed, and fished on Lake Jubilee
We arrived in Daylesford on a very hot day, set up camp next to a lake called Lake Jubilee. This lake was created by flooding an old gold-mining site, so there were lots of signs posted warning of swimming hazards. Daylesford and Hepburn Springs are lovely small country towns with just enough wealth to provide many delightful shops and activities. The girls made puppets at a puppet-making studio, and there was an amazing book store where Erin bought "The Daring Book for Boys." We also spent an afternoon at the public swimming pool, doing front summies from the diving board. The Chocolate Mill and the Chowder House were both great fun, but the real highlight was picnicing at the lavendar farm known as "Lavandula".


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Old Mining TunnelOld Mining Tunnel
Old Mining Tunnel

Gold miners made this tunnel
MudMud
Mud

The girls enjoyed playing with the mud!


2nd August 2008

Branches falling
All of a sudden, there was a sound like thunder. Everyone started, and we soon discovered that an enormous branch had fallen from one of the Eucalypts over the parking lot. When it's very hot and still for a few days, the branches become very heavy and tend to fall. So everyone moved their tents out from under the trees, including us!

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb