Williamstown Beach & Melbourne Micro-Brewery Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Williamstown
March 14th 2012
Published: March 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We caught the tram to flinders st station and then changed on to the train which we caught to Williamstown beach. It was a 5 minute walk from the station to the beach which was almost empty and it had a very calm sea; which was a nice change from the other beaches we’ve visited so far in Australia. We settled in to relax on the quiet beach with our books and before we knew it 4 hours had flown by, and we had to pack up and head to the port to catch a Ferry back to the city. Although we did find time to pick up a traditional Aussie pie to enjoy on the ferry home.

The journey back took an hour along the Yarra river, which passed through an industrial area and a lot of big container ships before arriving back at Southbank. We headed up to Federation Square and the micro-brewery festival for which we had pre purchased tickets. We were issued with a list of participants and 20 coupons to exchange for drinks and sent on our way.

We tried a large selection of ciders and beers and enjoyed complementary ribs cooked in cider and as well as a Thai chicken pie which was surprisingly tasty. We were joined by Gavin later in the evening as we worked our way through our drinks vouchers, but we were enjoying ourselves so much that we lost track of time and had to rush around the last few stalls as they were closing the event. We caught the tram to get an early night ready for the F1.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb