Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Swan Hill
November 21st 2014
Published: November 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi travel followers.

WOW, yet another week has gone by and I wonder where it went.

What have we been up to? Well from Berri we crossed the border into Victoria and moved on to Cullulleraine and camped the night beside the lake itself. A great spot with beautiful grassy sites overlooking the willow trees and the lake etc.

From there it was Mildura where we stayed for 4 days as the park we picked and the site we had was excellent. I.e. overlooking the Murray River from the NSW side back towards the city and the wharf where the paddle steamers were pulling in to pick up passengers. etc. Plus the weather was great which is always a bonus.

While in Mildura we took a couple of excursions out of town to places like Red Cliffs which are named after the red cliffs of the Murray River (of course) and is also home to "Big Lizzie" which was a purpose built tractor/dozer brought in during the early 1920's to clear the Mallee scrub for the township itself to be built. It is one wild looking vehicle and had a top speed of 2 miles per hour.

We also visited Wentworth where they have the old gaol and it is where the Murray and the Darling Rivers meet. There is also a lock (lock ten) and a weir used to contain and manage the flow of water down the river.

From Mildura we travelled further eastwards following the Murray River to Robinvale where we again set up camp in a riverside caravan park overlooking the river itself for a night and then again moved on to Swan Hill where we are now set up in a beautiful park right on the banks of the river and just 500m walk from the centre of town. As it is such a great spot, we intend to spend at least four days here just chilling out and enjoying the river and the weather itself. Life is tough, but I do have to get out every day and do my 5km walk plus do other exercises etc. to keep reasonably fit. The pushbikes are also getting a good workout as the town has good bike paths to get around on.

Hope you enjoy the photo's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Our camp at Swan Hill on the MurrayOur camp at Swan Hill on the Murray
Our camp at Swan Hill on the Murray

How close is that to the Murray? Any closer and we would be in it.


22nd November 2014

Fabulous photos
Thanks for blogging. Your caravan site looks great. As you said, almost IN the Murray. ?
22nd November 2014

Fabulous photos
Thanks for blogging. Your caravan site looks great. As you said, almost IN the Murray. ?
22nd November 2014

Thanks Sue
On top of the great site we had a big thunder and lightening storm last night. Just spectacular.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb